[bs-text title=”The rights and duties of the student ” show_title=”1″ icon=”” heading_color=”#1e73be” heading_style=”t6-s4″ bs-show-desktop=”1″ bs-show-tablet=”1″ bs-show-phone=”1″ bs-text-color-scheme=”” css=”” custom-css-class=”” custom-id=””]The student must have all the possible conditions to evolve harmoniously within higher education institutions. It therefore has rights that only make sense if they are accompanied by a responsibility that translates into homework.
- The student is entitled to quality education and research training. To do this, he is entitled to quality supervision using modern and adapted teaching methods.
- The program of the course must be given to him at the beginning of the year. The course materials (Syllabus, references of books and handouts …) must be made available to him and brought to his attention.
- The student has the right to respect and dignity from members of the university community.
- The student must not be discriminated against by gender or any other particularity.
- The student has the right to freedom of expression and opinion in accordance with the rules governing academic institutions.
- The student is entitled to a fair, equitable and impartial assessment. The delivery of the notes, accompanied by the corrected and the scale of the test and, if necessary, the consultation of copy, must be made in reasonable times not exceeding those fixed by the pedagogical committees and the regulatory texts.
- The student has the right to lodge an appeal if he feels wronged in the correction of a test.
- The student has the right to safety, hygiene and health prevention, both in university and in university residences.
- The student has the right to information about the structures of the University of Abdelhamid Ibn Badis, including its rules of procedure.
- The student has access to the library, the educational laboratories, the computer resource centre and all the material means necessary for quality training.
- The student elects his representatives to the educational committees without hindrance or pressure.
- The student may create, in accordance with the legislation in force, student associations of a scientific, artistic, cultural and sporting nature. These associations must not interfere in the administrative and educational management of the university outside the framework set by the regulations in force.
THE DUTIES OF THE STUDENT
- The student must respect the regulations in force.
- The student must respect the dignity and integrity of the members of the university community.
- The student must respect the right of members of the university community to free expression.
- The student must respect the results of the juries of deliberations.
- The student is obliged to provide accurate and precise information when registering, and to fulfil his administrative and educational obligations towards the establishment and its structures.
- The student must demonstrate civility and good manners in all of his behaviours.
- The student must never defraud or resort to plagiarism.
- The student must preserve the premises and materials at his disposal and respect the rules of safety and hygiene in all structures of the university.
- The student must in no way close the doors of the administrative and educational structures of the university. It should not hinder their operation by using students as a human shield.
- The student is duly informed of the faults with which he is accused. The penalties he incurs are provided for by the regulations in force and the rules of procedure of the university. They are the responsibility of the disciplinary councils and can go to the final exclusion of the university.