The Scientific Council of the University (SCU) is chaired by Professor Mostefa BELHAKEM Rector of the University of Mostaganem Abdelhamid ibn Badis.
Missions of the SCU (Executive Decree n ° 03-279 of August 23, 2003)
The Scientific Council of the university issues opinions and recommendations on:
- The annual and multi-year training and research plans of the university,
- Projects for creation, modification or dissolution of faculties, institutes, departments and, where appropriate, annexes, research units and research laboratories,
- National and international exchange and scientific cooperation programs,
- The training and research reports of the university,
- The university’s partnership programs with the various socio-economic sectors,
- The programs of the scientific events of ‘university,
- Actions to promote the results of research,
- Balance sheets and acquisition projects of scientific and technical documentation
It proposes the orientations of the research and scientific and technical documentation policies of the university.
He gives his opinion on any other pedagogical and scientific question submitted to him by his resident.
The Rector informs the board of directors of the opinions and recommendations issued by the university’s scientific council.