Signature of a Convention between UMAB and INAPI for the Establishment of a Technology and Innovation Support Centre (CATI)
The University of Mostaganem Abdelhamid Ibn Badis represented by its Rector Professor Mostefa BELHAKEM on the one hand, and the Algerian National Institute of Industrial Property (INAPI) placed under the supervision of the Ministry of Industry and Mines, represented by its General Manager Mr. BELMEHDI Abdelhafid signed this Monday June 29, 2020 at the level of the rector’s office a framework agreement for the establishment of a support centre for technology and innovation (CATI).
The purpose of this agreement is to define the terms and conditions of cooperation and partnership between the University of Mostaganem Abdelhamid Ibn Badis (UMAB) and INAPI, in matters of training on intellectual property, promotion of research results scientific and expertise.
Indeed, Algeria is a member of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) which implies an international dimension of the activity of INAPI which is exercised within a very precise legal framework constituted by national legislation and international commitments.
In this context, INAPI will ensure:
- The interface with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO);
- Training for staff of the Centre for the development of their skills;
- Information, awareness-raising and promotion of technical and scientific information on CATI services;
The rector of UMAB has appointed Professor GUEZZAR Mouffok Redouane responsible for the support centre for technology and innovation (CATI-Mostaganem) located at the ITA Site, among his missions
- Identify innovative research projects
- Encourage researchers to promote their innovations;
- Report research results and examine the possibilities of their exploitation by patent
- Establishment of an annual training plan on patent writing and the promotion of research results.
This cooperation will be oriented so as to use the skills and capacities of each of the parties, with the aim of enhancing their respective positioning in the national and regional context.