Under the supervision of the Arab Academy of Science and Technology – the League of Arab States, El-Ouadi University will host on October 10 and 11, 2022 the qualifications for the international programming competition for university students with the participation of Souf Academy.
The competition is a programming contest organised at the Algerian universities, during which students solve a set of algorithms using the programming languages of their choice.
The qualified teams take part in the regional final competition, which will be held in Egypt from November 9 to 13, and will bring together teams from countries in the Middle East and North Africa.
- The participating team is composed of 3 students and a reserve if necessary.
- The student must be born in 1999 or later.
- Participating student must be a registered student for the current academic year 2022-2023 .
- The coach can coach more than one team.
- Participants are not required to be from the same faculty, but may come from different faculties within the same university.
- Each team has a tutor, must be a faculty member or employee of their university.
How the competition works:
- The competition time is 5 hours.
- The number of questions varies from 8 to 12 programming exercises.
- A team is allowed to use only one computer during the competition.
- The languages used in this competition are C, C++, Java or other languages.
- The use of any electronic device, including cell phones and smart devices, is prohibited, and only references and paper books are permitted.
- No loud conversation is allowed during the competition.
- Teams are evaluated based on the number of issues resolved, and if two or more teams are tied, they are distinguished by the time criterion, because the team that spent the least time resolving the issues is the winner
- Solutions are evaluated directly during the competition using the scoring system approved by the competition committee.
- Each team gets points based on the number of questions they answered, the time they took to solve the problem, and the number of incorrect answers sent to the referee.
- Each team that successfully solves a problem receives a colored ball.
**Registration via the following link: